Reporting Hierarchy Management
Time: Jan 2018 - Feb 2018
Team: 1 Designer (me), 1 Product Manager, Engineers
Skill: User Research, UX/UI Design, Prototyping
Deliverables: Interactive prototype, High Fidelity Mocks, Specifications, Presentation
"As an administrator, I can manage reporting hierarchy through self service without having to call CallidusCloud for help.
Commissions customers have a need to associate users to different positions purely for reporting purposes. The associations are defined based on specific needs of organizations.
The goal of this project is to provide administrators a seamless way to manage report hierarchy.
*entities: payees in the system
We conducted product owner interview and talked with target users to understand the domain knowledge and user pain points.
Now the administrators can not do it. They have to call CallidusCloud and CallidusCloud support team need to run script to make it happen.
- Administrators have to call CallidusCloud support team to help. The communication between two sides consume a lot of time.
- To manage the hierarchy, users have to have coding knowledge.
- Users need to switch between different applications and proxy as different users to add/delete a relationship or edit effective dates.
- User A needs to see User B, C' s reports. Administrators need to add the relationships.
- User A no longer needs to see User B, C's reports. Administrators need to delete the relationships.
- The relationship between A and B has expired. Administrators need to change the effective dates to reactivate the relationship.
"As an administrator, I can add/delete/reactivate reporting hierarchy relationship through self service without having to call CallidusCloud for help or coding."
SOLUTION AND FEEDBACK
I showed different proposals to users and got feedback.
- Users like that they can search for a person and then adjust the relationship with context.
- In some of the proposals, it is hard for users to understand what relationship the effective dates are for.
- Users would like to verify they have successfully made the change.
Based on feedback, I refined the design and applied our new visual style to it. Users can search for a person and edit/delete relevant relationship or they can add a relationship from scratch.